CU Medicine Employee Benefits
Welcome! As part of our commitment to hiring and retaining a dedicated team of administrative and healthcare support professionals, CU Medicine offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement savings and wellness programs. Our comprehensive employee benefits package is outlined below. Please note that CU Medicine is on a monthly payroll cycle. Employees are paid on the first business day of each month.
• 3 Medical Plan Options
• Eligibility begins the 1st of the following month from date of hire
• Mail-order prescriptions
• No pre-existing limitations
• 2 Dental Plan Options
• Premium paid for employee coverage under the Essential Dental plan
• Voluntary vision option
• Discounts on frames, lenses or contacts
• $50,000 of Basic Term & Accidental Death and Dismemberment provided at no cost
• Optional Term Life and Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment options
• Short-Term Disability
• Long-Term Disability provided at no cost to eligible employees
• Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• 403(b) – This plan enables employees to make retirement contributions on a pre-tax basis through a salary adjustment agreement with CU Medicine. Investments grow tax-free until withdrawn at retirement. Employees who opt into this plan may begin contributing immediately and have the flexibility to change the amount of their investment at any time.
• 401(a) – This is a retirement savings account available to employees after one year of service. Employees do not contribute to this plan; CU Medicine automatically contributes 7% of regular gross earnings on behalf of the employee. Enrollment is automatic and funds become available according to the following vesting schedule: 25% after two years, 50% after three years, and 75% after four years. After five years of employment, all funds contributed are made available to the employee.
Paid Time Off
• Approximately 3 weeks of paid time off accrued per year*
• 10 paid holidays
• Employees who are actively employed on July 1 will receive an additional day of paid time off*
• 7 days of extended illness per year*
*Figures are based on regular hours accrued for full-time employees.