After the last slice of Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey has been eaten, don't let the leftovers go to waste. Instead of the usual turkey sandwich, whip up this easy and delicious leftover turkey coconut curry recipe in just 30 minutes.
Creamy coconut milk and aromatic spices make this curry recipe perfect for chilly weeknights on the go. Serve on a bed of basmati rice or on fluffy cauliflower rice for a low-carb option.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tbsp. ginger, chopped
1 Tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. garam masala
½ tsp. ground coriander
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock, low sodium
¼ cup lite coconut milk, or more to taste
½ lb. turkey leftovers, shredded
1 cup frozen or leftover green beans, 1” pieces
4 oz. baby spinach (about 4 cups)
2 cups cooked brown rice
4 Naan flatbread, optional
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
2. Add the onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat until softened.
3. Stir in the garlic and ginger and continue to cook for another minute until fragrant. Add the ginger, curry powder, garam masala, coriander, and cinnamon and stir to combine.
4. Add the tomato paste, stock, and coconut milk. Stir to combine, then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until the curry thickens.
5. Add the turkey and green beans, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens further and greens beans are heated through.
6. Add the baby spinach to the pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 2 minutes until the spinach wilts.
7. Divide rice among 4 bowls and serve curry over rice or with naan bread if desired. For food safety purposes, enjoy within 2 hours of preparation.
Serving size: 1/4 Recipe
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
Do you want to learn to cook healthier for yourself and your family? CU Medicine readers can receive $2 off CU Anschutz Health and Wellness Center Fresh Take Cooking Classes held virtually on Zoom. Use the code CU_MED to receive $2 off these classes. Learn more about community nutrition services.
Interested in weight loss? Learn more about the weight loss programs offered by the CU Medicine Weight Management and Wellness clinic.