University of Colorado Medicine

Change in Dependent Status

If your dependent satisfies or ceases to satisfy the requirements for unmarried dependents, which may include events such as attainment of age limitations, independent status, or student status, this may allow you to make mid-year changes to your benefit elections.

• Contact Human Resources at (303) 493-7607 to discuss the viability of altering your benefit elections, necessary forms and documentation for the change(s), and deadlines for making the desired change(s)

• Fill out the appropriate change form and return it to Human Resources with the appropriate documentation

• Human Resources must receive the appropriate completed form and associated documentation within 31 days of the qualifying life event in order to be able to process any changes to benefit elections

• Changes typically take effect the 1st day of the month following the qualifying life event